SporksParty

Our sporks are your sporks. Just keep it clean, this is a family place.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm SOAKED!!

So I'm sitting at work and it starts to get a little dark. Then a little darker... and darker... then it starts to rain. Whew! I'm glad I went out to grab lunch when I did! The little blue scoot's out in the parking lot, but a little rain won't hurt it. Wait - is that HAIL? Crap! Can a scooter get damaged by hail? I suppose, just as easily as a car, right? Oh, and the spedometer is exposed... and the mirrors! Augh! Okay, better move it under the overhang. Wait - I don't have a raincoat. I think someone said there's a plastic poncho around here somewhere. Uugh! Can't find it anywhere - and my poor scoot is getting pounded by hail! Okay, just grab a spare jacket and throw it over your head. Oh - kick of the flops and roll up your jeans. Ready? Take a breath... Okay... GO!

I AM SOAKED. And it stopped hailing immediately after I got her under the awning.

Should be a really comfortable afternoon, sitting at my desk all soggy and frumpy. Have a nice day!

5 Comments:

At Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better I am in the same boat! :) SOMEONE (who shall remain anonymous to protect them) talked me into going Panino's (a 2 block walk) for lunch. It was only raining, not pouring, on the way home but 2 blocks is a long way in the rain. I think I look HOT though, so that's good. I hope it clears up for your ride home!
--Heiney

 
At Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

hahah oh that sucks! Hope you dry off fast. I too got stuck in the rain coming back from the rec. Why does it choose lunch time to be rainy??

 
At Thursday, July 10, 2008 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Colie said...

Oh- way cruddy- ha ha.. well I didn't get wet- but my work was pitch black since the power went out here... it's back on now-rats!
Uhm- does your bathroom have hand dryers? You could get creative?

 
At Friday, July 11, 2008 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Donella said...

Ha ha - Colie, no hand dryers! But I thought the same thing!! The rain ran off the overhang and down my back, butt, & legs. SOAKING them all. I (and this is the really embarrassing part, but nobody knew but me - and now all of you) ended up putting a bunch of layers of paper towels in the upper-butt part of my underwear and between my underwear and jeans. Then another bunch stuffed under the back strap of my bra & down my back - just so I could sit down without being COMPLETELY soaked & uncomfortable. It gave me some relief, temporarily, until they all became soaked. Had to change them out a couple of times, but by the end of the day I was pretty dry. And luckily it was not raining on my way home, so I didn't get re-soaked, but the power was out at home when I got there.

Oh! What a day!!

 
At Friday, July 11, 2008 6:19:00 PM, Blogger Anne said...

haha - Oh my...yeah I was caught in the rain too...but it wasn't that bad. I was just afraid that I was going to fall with the heels on trying to run back to work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home