SporksParty

Our sporks are your sporks. Just keep it clean, this is a family place.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hi there!

Things are actually kind of busy around here, even though they're not really very busy. This past week was the JLC conference, where I spent all day on Wednesday in seminars. (JLC = Journal of Light Construction, I'm sure that sounds fantastically exciting to everyone else, right?)



The rest of the workweek was spent getting ready for the Remodelers Showcase. It's a division of the Parade of Homes, in which we show a house we've remodeled the past year. I am generally in charge of anything in-house related to marketing, signage, brochures, etc (aka. "the creative department"), so I had spent a good portion of the week getting all of that together. And in keeping with my general style, everything was at a rush-rush out-the-door-at-the-last-minute pace. But it all came together and we had a lot of nice comments on the house (and the signage). Here's a couple of photos of the project (which I took, by the way):


Sandwiched between working the Showcase Friday night and Sunday afternoon, was our first annual Kickball camping trip on Saturday. It was a great time, and we really lucked out with the weather. It rained for a few minutes in the morning, but that was it. It was a gorgeous day and a gorgeous campsite. This was the first time I slept in a tent in something like five years, but it wasn't so bad. We stole the matress pad off the guest bed, so that helped. All in all, it was a fun time. I think we all agree that it will be a yearly trip.





Knowing that I had a very busy week and weekend, I took Monday off. It was nice. I slept in a little, got some coffee, had a doctor's appointment, then did some shopping. I thought about getting a massage, but somehow a half-day trip to Marshall's won out. I did end up getting a few good pieces, but I had to try on everything in the store to find them. Oh well, that's expected from Marshall's. It was a nice day. I just wish I had taken two ;)



This weekend will be the start of a new project. We are having the new patio doors installed in the dining room next weekend, so this weekend we will be tearing out the window trim and drywall. I'm sure there will be some other little projects to prepare as well.



That's all for now. How about you? What have you been up to?

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:52:00 PM, Blogger Colie said...

Wow- the pictures of the house are beautiful! Very nice D!

 
At Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:14:00 PM, Blogger juanitagf said...

Yeah, wish I could have gone to that conference... *eyes rolling*

Love the kitchen--gorgeous, want it!

 
At Friday, October 17, 2008 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Nice work!!!

 
At Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:27:00 PM, Blogger Kate Zweber said...

Your job looks like so much fun, I'm a little jealous. Nice Work Nellie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home