SporksParty

Our sporks are your sporks. Just keep it clean, this is a family place.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Deedle-ee-dee

Hey Everybody,

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Not much going on right about now. And obviously my last post of funny jokes as an attempt to still give you something to read without actually having anything to write about... well, I guess I was the only one who found them remotely funny. Oops. Anyway, as I said, there is really not much going on with us right now.

We are this close to being done with the electrical work at home, so that we can patch up the drywall around the new patio door and do the final trimwork and painting. We're not sure what color we are going to paint the wall (or more than one wall). It's just a basic off-white right now, but we're feeling like it should be something more. But then again, we don't want too much color and we still want the focal point to be the fireplace wall. My mind keeps going toward something in an orange or gold tone, but with the kitchen being "leapfrog" green - ouch. So we just don't know at this point.

Also, unfortunately, the construction industry has been in the dumps this year, as I'm sure everyone knows. Not conversely, this is has effected the remodeling portion of the industry as well. So I've had to take a cut in hours (and therefor, pay) until at least the end of the year. It's only two days per pay period, which ends up being every other Thursday & Friday off. It doesn't have too much of an effect on us at home, for now. I just hope the time off doesn't increase after January 1st. Of course, although people are not quick to jump into a remodeling project at the moment, there are still plenty of people dreaming about it, and still plenty of competition for those jobs... and therefor more required of me to give them that "wow" factor. So although my hours have been cut, there is no shortage of work to be done. I have also been taking on more and more of the marketing responsibilities this year, and we are now smack in the middle of holiday cards & other paraphanalia, for which I am almost solely responsible. More work and less time to do it? Yes PLEASE!!

On a lighter note, however, the holidays are upon us, and we look forward to spending plenty of time with family. Dustin plans to do a little hunting, which I know he is really looking forward to. And I hope to spend some of my "time off" doing some major organizing projects at home. I'm trying to enjoy this anticipation of spending more time indoors. I tell myself "finally, I don't have to feel guilty about being indoors." This feeling typically lasts about two weeks, at which point I start to think "GET ME OUT OF THIS HOUSE AND ONTO A BEACH!!"

Fortunately, we do plan to take a vacation with my sister and her husband during her spring break from teaching next spring. The four of us had a great dinner at our place on Friday, which was intended to be a planning session. However, at six bottles of wine and four in the morning, we realized we didn't accomplish as much as we hoped. It was a fantastic evening though, with a lot of laughs!! It was very much needed. Thanks guys, for coming over!

Yesterday afternoon we spent the day with our kickball team, lounging in Tim's party room, watching football, eating way too much junk food, and being entertained by the cutest babies in the world. Way to go, Lily, for your first couple of forward crawls! It was a great weekend... we hope you had a good one too!!

Until next time!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:07:00 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Lily says thanks for cheering her on!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home